The pool equipment requires more in-depth maintenance on a periodic basis. These
are preventative maintenance items that help to extend the life of the equipment and insure dependable operation.
1. Pool Filter
DE Filters - disassemble and manually clean every six months
Sand Filters - change the sand every 3-5 years
Cartridge Filters - replace the cartridges every 3-5 years
2. Backwash Valve - disassemble and lubricate the seals on the valve with
silicone based lubricant. This will help them to operate smoothly and avoid premature wear and tear.
3. Valves - make sure the valves operate smoothly and fairly easily.
Some valves can be disassembled and lubricated. The newer never-lube style valves should not be lubricated.
4. Heater - clean debris out of the heater and make sure it operates
properly. More information.
5. Poolsweep - check for wear and replace wear items as needed. More
6. Salt System - remove the cell and inspect for scale. Lightly acid
wash if needed.
7. Electronic Control Systems - replace the backup battery once each year
8. Freeze Protector - test the sensor with ice to make sure it turns the